How Does It Work?
- At the outset, you set up your personal information and training zones. Your training will be based around these zones each day and worked out for you by your Coach.
- Your training is set by your Coach on your personal Training Peaks account. You can view this information online and using an app (available for Android and iOS) which allows you to update any comments post training. Alternatively, you can opt for a daily email detailing your training for that day without the need to log into your Training Peaks account.
- Each month you complete forms detailing your availability to train over the coming month and your Coach then designs your training for that month around your goals and other commitments. It is important that your Coach is aware of your daily routine for the coming month to ensure training is structured around your lifestyle.
- Upon completion of each session, you upload your workout into the relevant day and training session as detailed by your Coach. There is an option to include comments after each workout about how you were feeling, anything that happened during the ride and perhaps how you felt after certain planned intervals for that session. The more information you provide, the more specific your training will be.
- You have options to include a food diary to help track your intake and, should you receive a nutrition consultation from our Sports Performance Nutritionist, Barry Murray, he is able to access your diary over specific training days and advise accordingly.
- You can also track your metrics day to day, including your sleep patterns and daily weight.
- The data from your workout is recorded and, depending upon your device (Training Peaks supports over 90 devices for uploading information), can include details such as cadence, power, heart rate and elevation gain. Going one step further, you can also view when you produce peak powers, heart rates, speeds, take sections of your ride to work out NP (normalised power) and plan through the performance management chart how best to manage training and stress loads to peak at the right times.
- The online calendar records all of your information and allows you to see at a glance your training over a selected period of time.
Your Coach has access to your Training Peaks account alongside our two Head Coaches and Owners of Dig Deep Coaching, Stephen Gallagher and Dan Fleeman. Stephen and Dan provide an extra ‘layer’ of coaching support to all athletes. This allows everyone to work as a team to get the best out of each athlete using the world’s leading training software.