Rotwild-Dig Deep Coaching Team at the Rapha Super Cross 2012.
Oct 21, 2012
This weekend sees Rotwild-Dig Deep Coaching team of 5 riders start to compete in the first of three races which is the Rapha Super Cross. All 5 are more known as mountain bike riders so it will be interesting to see how they get on against the “cross” specialists. As a team event format where the first 3 riders count in each round the strength in depth of the team could be a big advantage.
WHEN and WHERE
See timing details for all events »
- Saturday October 20 - Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE | map
- Saturday October 27 - Misterton Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4JP | map
- Sunday October 28 - Alexandra Palace, London | map
- Record holder for most Welsh Championship wins in cross and XC MTB (8 in each)
- 2012 British MTB Marathon Champion
- Once travelled to Ireland to do a race relying purely on winning prize money to pay for the return. Ended up winning the prize money and even had a bit of extra cash for a Chinese!
- No race is too big, and never feels that any race is out of his league...love the competition!
- Loves - His family, all you can eat restaurants, playing the guitar, hot weather and winning races.
- Hates - Warming up in the rain, punctures, cucumber, traffic jams and petrol prices. Oh and loosing!
- Sporting Heroes - Paula Radcliffe, Nick Craig & Oli Beckingsale
- Has been British U23 road race champion, won the Tour of the Pyrenees, ridden the Classics for Cervelo, been British hill climb champion twice and is now upsetting the men on fat tyres.
- Dan will be posting his power files on the website from all 3 rounds
- Hamish Batchelor’s more intense and competitive brother. Represented Great Britain multiple times in XC MTB and cross as a Junior. “Lars Boom win today?”
- The cross bikes are dug out once a year for this series. And this series only!
- Dislikes - Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, and anything vaguely related. Except the food! The food is good.
- Rode for an Italian team once. You only make that mistake once.
- Likes - To keep his bikes clean. “A bike should never be dirty for longer than 20 minutes while not being ridden.” OCD anyone?
- Token Southerner. Ridiculously fast starter. Literally from any grid position. Seriously, put him at the back and he’ll still claim the $10k holeshot prize.
- Enjoys flat top haircuts, crisp t-shirts, and breaking the speed limit on a skateboard. It’s not illegal you know.
- Aims to humiliate U23 National cross champ Steve James at the Rapha Super Cross.
- General brainiac with a degree in Natural Sciences from Durham University.
- National MTB XC Elite Series top five finisher, podium at National X-Triathlon Championships, and all round dabbler in many disciplines.
- Used to be able to wheelie a cross bike… it’s been a few years.
- Had a lot of career fourth place finishes. Enough to be mocked by unsporty (former) housemates.
- Respects Lee Williams for being a non-rugby playing Welshman. It can’t be easy.
The winning combination of beer, pies, frites, DJ’s, live music and cowbells will be back to create the best atmosphere this country has ever seen at a cyclo-cross event. The infamous tequila shortcut makes a welcome return to the fun race, this year featuring a new hazard: the mysterious ‘Wall of Foam’!
- Pro racing with Hope Factory Racing defending their 2011 title
Please add a comment
Leave a Reply