A range of triathlon plans are available to facilitate variable budgets and athletes’ ultimate aspirations in the sport.Our elite triathlon and single sport experts put time and consideration into providing coaching that delivers results.
Dr David Bailey, one of our most experienced Coaches, has attained extensive qualifications as an Exercise Physiologist with elite athletes who have represented their country at World Championships and Olympic Games. David worked alongside the British Cycling Team while they prepared for the Beijing Olympics, bringing home 8 gold medals. Most recently, David provided scientific support to the British Triathlon Team, including ITU 2011 Sprint and Olympic Distance Triathlon World Champions, Jonathan and Alistair Brownlee, who won gold and bronze in the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Dig Deep Coaching is committed to achieving results for its clients, no matter what level the goal is at. Before we put pen to paper, we take time to discuss exactly what our clients’ goals are, current fitness levels, health, personal commitments, triathlon achievements and times up to that point. If we don’t understand or learn about each individual and start to build a trusting relationship, we may not get the best out of each triathlete.
The multisport nature of triathlons, from Sprint to Ironman, dictates synergy commonly between three sports – cycling, running and swimming – for maximum overall performance. Equally, there may only be one of these sports that requires careful consideration and focused development; hence Dig Deep Coaching is able to offer two variations to triathlon plans:
Single Sport Plans
Dig Deep Coaching uses the sophisticated training software Training Peaks, which allows our coaches to combine training for all three sports in accordance with each individual’s training zones. Access is granted to each coach to allow them to evaluate the impact of training on all levels of the sport, therefore maximising the chances of achieving a great overall completion time!
So, what do you get from our triathlon coaching plans?
- 20 years combined triathlon experience right up to Olympic level
- Coaching is tailored for your chosen distance – Sprint/Olympic distance to Half and Full Ironman
- Training plans built around your work and life commitments
- A one to one personal consultation at the commencement of your plan
- Nutrition plans to follow in conjunction with your training
- Quality based training as opposed to quantity
- Confidence that each training session is one step closer to your goal
- Professional bike fit
- A Training Peaks account to review your training
- Strength and core conditioning programmes available
- Specific one to one single sport options and consultations
- Performance testing available to set heart and power zones accurately
- Powermeter rental available
- Constructive feedback from training
- Passionate coaches who want to see and help you improve
Bespoke Triathlon Club Training
The specific training can include a range of Dig Deep Coaching expertise such as nutrition, bike fit and performance testing for all three sports and training sessions.
- Tailored training days or weekends
- Seminars specific to the needs of club members